At Match we believe that property management has been treated as a fairly underserviced and underrated element of the real estate business and believe we can vastly improve on what is currently being offered. We are fairly new compared to the other established agents within the inner city; however what we lose in exposure we make up with our enthusiasm to produce the best result for our vendors and landlords, because we are not just selling a house or renting a flat, we are selling homes and looking after your most important asset like it was our own.
At Match we undertake a number of import processes to ensure that your property and investment remains in good hands. Essentially this means that we locate, qualify and select quality tenants, offer suggestions to landlords on improvements to maximise rental outcomes, and ensure that your property is maintained in excellent condition.
Tenant selection is the most important element in the property management process. At Match our main aim is to ensure that we select the right tenant, our years of experience and professional intuition within property management will assist in ensuring that your property is in good hands. Applicants are required by law to fill out tenancy applications, from which we conduct a number of rigorous checks (credit, employment history, reference checks, checking tenants rental history against the National Tenancy Database) to ensure that the applicant meets our criteria.
At Match we believe in a collaborative approach to property management and keeping the lines of communication open at all times. Once all checks have been undertaken we will then refer the applications to you for final approval. We believe in a collaborative approach that aims to build a trusting relationship based on open communication.
- Preparation of lease documentation on standard REIV Residential Tenancies Leases and incorporating special conditions if required.
- Condition reports thoroughly completed by the Property Manager.
- Bond lodged with Residential Tenancies Bond Authority (RTBA) within 5 business days, once the tenant has been approved by the landlord.
- Provide tenants with relevant tenancy information and documentation including; emergency tradesperson contact details, statement of rights and duties (as required by Residential Tenancies Act )
- Please click here to download the Tenancy Application Form
MANAGING YOUR ASSET
- Collect monthly rental and provide Landlord with monthly statement/tax invoice detailing all income & disbursements. Electronically deposit funds into nominated accounts.
- Pay all regular and authorized outgoings from rental including council rates, water service/usage charges, body corporate fees/levies, insurance, regular garden & caretaking maintenance, etc.
- Arrange and co-ordinate maintenance repairs engaging our preferred professional tradespeople or tradespeople of your choice. Repairs carried out on behalf of the landlord are paid from rent monies held in trust. Full copies of invoices are attached to your monthly statement.
- Conduct regular 6 monthly property inspections ensure that your investment is safe guarded (3rd month after new tenancy).
- Advise you of any repairs, preventative maintenance or recommendations that may be required.
- Negotiation of lease renewals and rent increases for existing tenants taking into consideration the current rental market.
- Preparation of all Tribunal documentation and representation on behalf of the landlord at Victorian Civil & Administrative Tribunal (VCAT) if required and engage in dispute resolution to ensure matters can be dealt with in a professional manner to avoid Tribunal appearances.
- Complete Bond Transfer Form if required during the tenancy as a result of tenant changes.
- Thorough final inspections conducted at the completion of tenancy to ensure the tenant returns the property in the same manner as reflected by the Condition Report.
- Completion of Bond Claim Form and disbursing of bond monies.